Are you someone who loves to see a beautifully landscaped yard, but find that your horticultural skills are limited to those plants that require little to no maintenance? If so, l have here 7 amazing landscape maintenance tips.
Maybe, you are moderately successful with plants, but the thought of a large landscape design is overwhelming because you don’t know where you will find the time to actually do the work.
The reality is that quite often we have dreams of the magazine-worthy lawn and landscape design, but when it comes to the actual implementation, we don’t have the time and energy it would take to maintain the look.
Most of us know that residential landscaping is one of the best ways you can add value and beauty to your home, but many of us just lack the knowledge, skill, and time to achieve it. Thankfully, there are many ways to have that amazing residential landscape design without dealing with hours of stress.
7 Amazing Landscape Maintenance Tips You Will Love
1. Before planting anything, talk to some of the local nurseries or those in your area with particularly beautiful landscapes and learn as much as you can about the soil conditions and what type of plants and grass do best.
If you are new to the area, be sure to also ask about the weather and light throughout the year. Knowing this will help you choose plants that will be successful.
2. Take some time to sketch out any ideas you may have in your yard. Be sure to indicate areas for trees, hedges, flower gardens, and edges. Often, local nurseries have people who can come to your residence and help you plan this out.
3. Plan on planting trees and shrubs that require minimal maintenance, but will grow and flourish for years. Be sure there are some shade trees included in your selection! After all, no residential landscape should be without shaded areas where one can sit outside and just relax.
4. Select flowers and trees that are native to your area. Plant these items in their sun preferred area and you will find that little to no work will be required for them to look fabulous.
5. Rather than trying to maintain numerous gardens and landscaped areas at once, start small. Choose 1 or 2 key areas to focus on. In subsequent years you can add more areas, just be sure to know your time limits, and plant accordingly.
6. Plant similar types of plants together. Not will this look great, but it will be easier to maintain.
7. Use borders and walkways to add interest as well as keep grass from creeping into the garden areas.
Residential landscaping doesn’t have to be difficult or something only dreamed of. Use these tips and before you know it, you can have that picture-worthy landscape.
Recommended reading: Gardening Services, 4 Ways to Use Gardening Services to Fix Your Yard
Did you you the 7 amazing landscape maintenance tips post? Share it on Facebook and Pinterest.