Best Front Yard Landscaping Design Ideas
Front yard landscaping design is an essential part of creating an overall outdoor plan that truly showcases the elegance of your home. The plants, hardscape elements, and other design accessories integrated into your front yard play an important role in creating a
front yard landscaping design ideas that makes the most of your property.
Your landscape design begins as soon as the road connects to your driveway and continues throughout your outdoor space. An effective front yard layout will guide guests from the road directly to your front door with the use of lines, patterns, and other design elements. At the same time, the landscaping of your front yard will set the tone for the rest of your outdoor design.
Using Trees, Shrubbery, and Flowers to accent your front yard plant life and vegetation are a critical part of most landscape designs and are just as essential to your front yard. It is important to choose plants and flowers that complement your garden style and the style of your home. There are a few other tips to keep in mind while creating a planting plan for your front yard landscape design.
Best Front Yard Landscaping Design Ideas
- Large trees are excellent relief from the summer sun and can help cool your home when planted correctly.
- Smaller trees, like citrus and fruit trees or ornamentals like crepe myrtles, provide color and often offer a sweet aroma.
- Avoid planting trees with heavy foliage or those that drop needles, acorns, etc. near paths and driveways.
- Large trees can be used as focal points or planted in groups for an attractive display.
- Ornamentals and fruit trees are often planted in lines to accent drives or to create a live border along the property.
Depending on your garden style, evergreen shrubs, boxwoods, and classy topiaries are an ideal way to add texture to your front yard landscape design.
- Shrubs are often used to create patterns and direction.
- These types of plants can also make excellent hedges.
A number of the landscape designs depend on a variety of seasonal perennials, blended with an assortment of evergreens, for year round color. Flowers can make your front yard bright and inviting, while creating a number of visual effects within your outdoor space. Choose colors that complement your existing color usage and consider these planting tips:
- Use calming shades like green or blue for a recessed, distant appearance.
- Vivid hues, like yellow and red, attract attention and can accent areas of your yard that need to stand out.
- Design flowerbeds around the edge of your home and alongside paths and walkways.
- Fill in empty space with lush grass that can be both functional and beautiful.
4. Other Front Yard Landscaping Design Ideas Elements
While the back of your home may be a primarily private area only seen by family and friends, your front yard plays a major role in defining the appearance of your entire property. There are several different ways to add to your front yard and increase the curb appeal of your home besides the plant life you choose.
- Front Yard Hardscape Design – Paths and driveways may be a necessity, but the way they are designed and created can greatly influence your landscape design. Choose materials that are fitting for the garden style you are implementing and use lines and curves appropriately to accent the overall look and feel of your home. Plan drives that make accessing your home easier. Circular driveways provide a simple entrance and exit or an open area for turning around can be integrated into a traditional straight drive.
- The Appeal of Courtyards – Often enclosed with walls or fencing, courtyards are appealing features because they provide an intimate area for seating, relaxing, and entertaining. Courtyard design requires careful attention to lighting and layout so many homeowners depend on the services of a professional designer.
- Water Features in the Front Yard – Water features are just as elegant in the front of your home as they are in the backyard. Consider a garden fountain that suits your landscape style as a focal point or add a soothing stream or cascading waterfall to a flowerbed.
From the driveway design to the front porch decor, your front yard landscape design is the defining factor in your property’s curb appeal and reflects the overall look and feel of your property. A professionally landscaped front yard can ensure a design that makes the most of your home.
Recommended reading: 6 Amazing Xeriscape Landscaping Design Ideas
If you enjoy the Best Front Yard Landscaping Design Ideas post, share it with your friends on facebook and pinterest.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/993003